Monday, September 6, 2010

"No Labor" Day - Quick & Easy Ideas for Meals in Minutes

Ahhhh, 3-day weekend, how I love thee... Waking up on the morning of the "bonus" day of the weekend and remembering that I can hit the snooze button 2 more times is always a great feeling. However, the next four days of the week S-T-R-E-S-S me out. My shoulders immediately tense up with the thought of cramming 5 days of email, meetings and phone calls into 4. Inevitably, I wind up working a 40 hour week anyway. And when that happens, it seems as if all of my favorite take-out places call out to my subconscious and my stomach --- Fast. Easy. Tasty. But it all adds up and before I know it, I've spent way too much money on not-so-spectacular food. But not this week, my friends. Nope, I am taking charge ahead of time. Tonight, I have pored through all of my torn-out recipes to load up my arsenal with four easy, make-after-work meals. I have taken stock of my pantry, made a grocery list and am going to the market tomorrow during my lunch hour. The meals for the week will be:

Tuesday - Tuna, Arugula, and Egg Salad with Pita Chips
Wednesday - Prosecco and Parmesan Risotto
Thursday - Quick Crisp Ravioli with Roasted Tomato Sauce
Friday - Roasted Lemon-Garlic Chicken with Potatoes

All my recipes this week are coming from Cooking Light magazine. Wish me luck with sticking to the plan, and I'll keep you posted on my progress. Happy Cooking! -B

No comments:

Post a Comment